You know what I love? Banana bread. You know what I don’t love? Taking pictures of banana bread.
Doesn’t it look like I’ve just sliced a brick in to pieces? Sigh.
Caramel Toffee Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup caramel syrup
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 (F).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Add 2 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1/4 cup sour cream, beating until just incorporated, and then add the flour mixture (from the second step) and beat until just incorporated.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in 3 bananas, 1/3 cup caramel syrup, and 1/2 cup toffee chips. Stir until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe