Until now. Folks, meet my first sugar-free dessert of the month — flourless mocha brownies!
(Adapted from Practical Paleo)
- 4 oz. dark chocolate*, melted and cooled (*I used unsweetened chocolate, but if you don't have any sugar restrictions, I highly suggest using a chocolate that's 55% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted into liquid form and cooled
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 (F).
- In a medium bowl, combine 4 oz. dark chocolate, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and 3 eggs until well incorporated.
- Slowly sift 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder over the wet ingredients (from the second step), whisking it evenly until combined. Add 2 tablespoons strong coffee and 1 tablespoon espresso powder, using a rubber spatula to stir until well combined.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Fill the pan with the brownie batter (from the third step). Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out completely clean. Let rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, before cutting into squares for serving.