- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, very coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup cocoa powder, in a shallow bowl
- Place the 1 pound bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof mixing bowl, making sure it is chopped into very small, coarsely chopped pieces. If you have larger pieces, you'll have trouble melting the chocolate properly!
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup heavy cream and 1 tablespoon light corn syrup and heat to just under a boil. Remove from heat and pour immediately over the chocolate, letting the mixture sit for a minute or two. Stir with a rubber spatula in a circular motion until all the chocolate has melted. Add 5 tablespoons butter and stir until it is incorporated.
- Let the mixture firm up in the fridge for about an hour or so. When the mixture has hardened, use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop out a tablespoons worth of chocolate and place it in the shallow bowl filled with cocoa powder. Roll the truffle in the cocoa powder until it is coated evenly. When the truffle is coated evenly, use your palms to roll it into a circular shape. Repeat until the chocolate mixture runs out. Voila! That's it. The truffles will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.