… who run da world?!? GIRLS!!! …
- Superstar actress Jennifer Lawrence muses on why she makes less than her male co-stars; her thoughts are insightful, relatable, and ultimately encouraging.
… questions of science, science and progress …
- If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll know that I’ve been on an SVU binge during the last few weeks. But according to science, it’s good for me. YES.
… i can make you famous on instagram …
… cinematic and dramatic with the perfect ending …
- Happy 10th anniversary to Elizabethtown, a.k.a the worst movie ever! I saw this when it first came out and thought it was pretty bad, but I kinda want to rewatch it and see what happens. I’m sure it’s still terrible.
… this is how we do it …
- When to use fresh herbs vs dried ones. Awesome.
- Modern recipes are more detailed and visually-oriented, as well as provide more theory and context to help home cooks demystify the process. Yes and yes.
… it’s in the photograph of love …
And finally, some food-related links I couldn’t find any lyrics to match with:
- Okay, not really food-related, but I became obsessed with this Dutch music video this week. Think of it as “Blurred Lines”, but with cats.
- Discuss — the modern kitchen is not designed for today’s women.
- Ovenly is a Brooklyn bakery that’s slowly taking over New York City; it’s fascinating to hear about their beginnings and subsequent rapid growth.
- YES. California governor Jerry Brown recently signed a bill that would reduce unnecessary use of antibiotics in livestock. This is a BIG freaking deal.
- This is pretty old, but new-to-me news: JASON MRAZ OWNS AN AVOCADO FARM, wut?!
- Buzzfeed cooks up retro recipes. Now aren’t you glad that you didn’t live in the 50s?
- I’m collaborating with Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest and other awesome bloggers to curate a Pinterest board of holiday recipes. Check it out!