… if you’re going to san francisco …
… this is how we do it …
- The Kitchn is doing 20 days of free baking lessons! It’s only a week in, but they’ve already shared so much great, indispensable advice.
- Alana of Fix Feast Flair is given a challenge to style a recipe with a mystery box of props. She rocks it, of course.
- Speaking of rocking it, Cynthia of Two Red Bowls throws the best dinner parties.
- And rounding up the theme of awesome girls doing awesome things, Lyndsay of Coco Cake Land candidly and courageously shares her fight against breast cancer (accompanied with some amazing cakes).
… well portland oregon and sloe gin fizz, if that ain’t love then tell me what is …
- Portland does fast food like no other city; for real.
- But OMIGOD; Peet’s bought Stumptown coffee?!??! I have many mixed feels about this, but my Stumptown barista friend now gets a 401(k) and that’s pretty awesome.
… i know we suffer for fashion or whatever …
- Sprouting plants that sit on top of your head are all the rage in China. You gotta see it to believe it. And this trend needs to get here soon, kthanxbai.
… take me on a trip i’d like to go someday …
- I was in Austin, Texas at the start of the year and had some great food; Jack and Jeanine, however, provide a more comprehensive restaurant guide.
And finally, some food-related links I couldn’t find any song lyrics to match with:
- Um… so did you guys hear? Apparently there’s a PUMPKIN shortage this year! Now PANIC.
- In case you missed it, all my readers get a 20% discount on all the goods at Birch Press, a Seattle-based company with some really beautiful kitchenware. More details are in this post (along with an awesome pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe), but use the code HUMMINGBIRD at checkout to get your discount!
- Watch me answer questions about food and my blog on The Dinner Special’s Pressure Cooker segment while wearing my granny sweater and bobbing in-and-out of the frame to scratch my leg.
- Somebody tries to bake all the challenges on The Great British Bake-off (a.k.a. my favorite TV show). The results are amazing.
- Apparently owning a restaurant makes you a terrible person. My dreams of owning my own bakery are dashed against the rocks?
- OH! I finally got Snapchat and am no longer an old maid. I don’t fully get it, so I mostly post videos of my cat sitting on top of me. If that sounds interesting to you, follow me at hummingbirdhigh or use the snapcode in my blog’s sidebar to add me.
Have a good weekend folks! Don’t forget to comment with any links, GIFs, or recipes I might have missed.