This Week’s Menu
(yeah — living the raw deal, three course meal!)
Seared Halloumi, Caramelized Peach, and Cherry Salad
by Chef Heather of Flourishing Foodie
One Pot Pasta: Tomato, Basil, and Burrata Spaghetti
by Chef Stephanie of i am a food blog
Mini Plum and Pistachio Cornmeal Crostata with Lemon Verbena Whipped Cream
by Chef Lily of Kale and Caramel
(bonus track) DRANKS
Boozy Cherry Pineapple Mint Slushies
by Chef Cindy of Hungry Girl Por Vida
… if you’re going to san francisco …
- Here is a dictionary to help translate what the tech bros actually mean.
… i know we suffer for fashion or whatever …
- This is old, but gold — microfiction about the Madewell fall catalog.
- Underwear designed to hide farts. What a crazy world we live in.
- Everlane is officially the uniform of every young, hip, and upward rising twenty-something.
… and we’ll collect the moments one by one, i guess that’s how the future’s done …
- A good summary of why I move around so often.
… our house is a very, very, very fine house …
- Tiny houses are adorable and artfully rustic, until it all turns into a giant pain in the ass.
… that’s great, it starts with an earthquake …
- Wait, so the Pacific Northwest isn’t doomed after all? I’m so confused now. Can I still move back?
And of course, all the food-related links that I couldn’t find lyrics to go along with:
- Your favorite fast food places, ranked by customer satisfaction. Pleased to see that Papa John’s doing pretty well. You go, John, you go.
- Washington state is in a drought, and it’s killing all the hops. Will there be an IPA shortage coming soon?
- So it begins — the gluten backlash.
- The Great British Bake Off is one of my favorite TV shows and only recent came to the US last year. If you’re into baking and haven’t seen it yet, GET ON IT. Here’s a primer to help get you started.
Have a good weekend, folks! Don’t forget to comment with any links, gifs, or recipes I might have missed!