Keeping today’s update short and sweet — currently I’m in Amsterdam for my sister’s wedding and the days have been busy, busy, busy.
Have a great weekend!
- GAY MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES. Finally!!!
… this is how we do it …
- The food stylist for the TV series Hannibal (about a cannibal… er, gourmande?) talks about styling dishes to resemble human meat.
- The always brilliant and amazing Alice Medrich schools you on how to adapt any recipe to any pan size that you want.
- I always wondered why my tofu was never as good as what I could get at a Chinese restaurant; turns out I’ve been doing it all wrong.
- This girl’s skinny jeans landed her in the hospital for four days! Yikes.
- Astronauts don’t eat astronaut ice cream… but they do eat just about everything else.
- “Three things happen when [women] are in the lab; you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them they cry.” — Tim Hunt, Nobel Prize-winning biochemist and last week’s biggest jerk. But thankfully, these lady scientists aren’t letting him get them down. Who’s crying now, Tim?
- Both Alanna and Sarah have wonderful blog posts this week describing the shadowy, mysterious behind-the-scenes process of writing a cookbook. We need more posts like these!
- I’m sure that you all heard about the Taylor Swift/Apple/photography hypocrisy controversy by now — however, what I find more interesting is the resulting conversation as to whether photography is a valid art that deserves payment. The comments section of that article is pretty grim.