above: donut and coffee hour, oh yeah!
To see more pictures of what I eat during the week, follow me on Instagram!
This Week's Menu
(yeah, living the raw deal — three course meal!)
by Chef Jessica of How Sweet It Is
by Chef Stephanie of i am a food blog
by Chef Alana of Fix Feast Flair
… this is how we do it — PIE EDITION! …
- A taste test of the different baking fats (butter, shortening, lard, etc.) in pies. SPOILER ALERT: butter wins. As if there was ever any real competition.
- Wondering why your pie crust shrank? Probably this.
- All the best pie crust advice in one place.
… take me on a trip i’d like to go some day …
- Renee’s visual guide to London is stunning, just stunning.
- Melissa’s 24 hour guide to Minneapolis sounds like FUN.
- An important article on Airbnb and how safety regulations have failed to catch up to its stunning growth and success.
… if you are who you say you are — a super star …
- Is Jennifer Lawrence—GASP—faking her falls??? A truther’s analysis.
- I unashamedly finished Aziz’s new Netflix show, Master of None, in less than 48 hours. One of my favorite episodes features his parents as a co-stars, and his letter thanking them for the opportunity is just darling.
And finally, some food-related links that I couldn’t find any lyrics to match with:
- I know it’s early, but I contributed a Hanukkah recipe for sufganiyot (Jewish donuts!!!) on Crate and Barrel’s blog. You can read about my religious mutt upbringing and drool over jelly donuts!
- Discuss: people living alone have worse diets. Without Erlend around, I’ve definitely noticed that I’ve been eating much more poorly than usual.
- Hot Pockets saved this man’s life.
- Kenji Lopez-Alt’s important manifesto on why mass weight is NOT better than volume cooking when writing recipes. Yes and YES.
Have a good weekend folks! Don't forget to comment with any links, GIFs, or recipes I might have missed.