above: i reached and surpassed 100k followers on instagram this week! woohoo!
I'm in New York City this entire week, so keep an eye out on my Instagram account for my upcoming adventures! I've already got plans with Alana and Cynthia, and we are going to eat all the food. If you have any recommendations, please please please throw them my way!
This Week's Menu: All Fall, Everything
(yeah, living the raw deal — three course meal!)
by Chef Laura of The First Mess
by Chef Steph of i am a food blog
by Chef Posie of 600 Acres
… who run da world?!? GIRLS!!! …
- Superstar actress Jennifer Lawrence muses on why she makes less than her male co-stars; her thoughts are insightful, relatable, and ultimately encouraging.
… questions of science, science and progress …
- If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll know that I’ve been on an SVU binge during the last few weeks. But according to science, it’s good for me. YES.
… i can make you famous on instagram …
… cinematic and dramatic with the perfect ending ...
- Happy 10th anniversary to Elizabethtown, a.k.a the worst movie ever! I saw this when it first came out and thought it was pretty bad, but I kinda want to rewatch it and see what happens. I'm sure it's still terrible.
… this is how we do it …
- When to use fresh herbs vs dried ones. Awesome.
- Modern recipes are more detailed and visually-oriented, as well as provide more theory and context to help home cooks demystify the process. Yes and yes.
… it’s in the photograph of love …
And finally, some food-related links I couldn’t find any lyrics to match with:
- Okay, not really food-related, but I became obsessed with this Dutch music video this week. Think of it as “Blurred Lines”, but with cats.
- Discuss — the modern kitchen is not designed for today’s women.
- Ovenly is a Brooklyn bakery that’s slowly taking over New York City; it’s fascinating to hear about their beginnings and subsequent rapid growth.
- YES. California governor Jerry Brown recently signed a bill that would reduce unnecessary use of antibiotics in livestock. This is a BIG freaking deal.
- This is pretty old, but new-to-me news: JASON MRAZ OWNS AN AVOCADO FARM, wut?!
- Buzzfeed cooks up retro recipes. Now aren’t you glad that you didn’t live in the 50s?
- I’m collaborating with Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest and other awesome bloggers to curate a Pinterest board of holiday recipes. Check it out!