above: a Nutella donut from New York City's Eataly
To see more pictures of my adventures, follow me on Instagram!
This Week's Menu
(yeah, living the raw deal — three course meal!)
by Chef Alida of Simply Delicious
by Chef Brooke of Chocolate + Marrow
by Chef Kathryn (who is getting HITCHED!) of London Bakes
by Chef Ashley of Sugar & Cloth
… it was a graveyard smash, it caught on in a flash …
- The most popular Halloween candy, as sorted by state. Disappointed in Oregon’s choice of candy corn, tbh. What the hell, guys, what the hell.
… this is how we do it …
- Make baked versions of your favorite fast food sides with these fries from Deb and these onion rings from Melissa.
- Also, make Halloween candy at home! Use Cynthia’s hot honeycomb candy as a base for homemade Butterfingers, and Jessie’s recipe for homemade Baby Ruth bars.
… cash rules everything around me …
- Because of population growth and pollution emissions, the cost of food is expected to shoot way, way up within the next 35 years or so. Yikes.
… if you are who you say you are, a superstar …
- Time Magazine released a list of the most influential teens and made all us grownups feel bad about our limited accomplishments.
… is it too late to say sorry now …
- Is anybody else as obsessed with Justin Bieber’s new video that features those badass lady dancers? Well, here’s an interview with the head choreographer who came up with all those fly moves.
- This cracked me up — a list of bands asking politicians to stop using their songs in their election campaigns.
… who run da world?! GIRLS!!! …
- Jen Agg, a prominent restauranteur in Toronto, wrote a brilliant op-ed about how we all need to be less tolerant and more vocal about sexism in the kitchen. Get ‘em, girl.
And finally, some food-related links I couldn’t find any lyrics to match with:
- Steph organized Totoro Week and so much cute food happened; in particular, I like these shortbread cookies from Cindy, this cake from Lyndsay, and these cream puffs from Alana. Way to rock it, ladies!
- This article on which milk is the “best” and most ethical. Read it.
- Food52 argues that Seamless (a food delivery service) released a bunch of ads that are a huge step backwards for the food movement. I think that’s a little extreme, but it’s still worth hearing their point of view.
- Ever wonder about the team behind the best and fanciest meal you’ve ever eaten? Lucky Peach provides a diagram.
Have a good weekend folks! Don't forget to comment with any links, GIFs, or recipes I might have missed.