… take me on a trip i’d like to go some day …
- Nina provides a beautiful guide to Stockholm’s best coffee, food, art, and neighborhoods. Dreaming of booking a trip already.
- Ditto about Leela’s road trip through southern Germany.
… our house is a very, very, very fine house …
- Subway tile. Open shelving. Marble countertops. Definitely the definitive kitchen decor trends of the last few years… but which do you wish would just go away already? Be honest.
… this is how we do it …
- Julia Child’s trick to perfectly poached eggs. Genius.
- The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming up soon, and Betty’s here to show you how to make mooncakes. Yes and yes.
- Renee’s awesome guide to natural gum free binders to use in gluten-free and vegan baking. Get it, girl.
- This Williams Sonoma guide on how to choose dinnerware. No really, it’s friggin’ hard. The struggle is real.
… how they love the sporting life …
- Somebody finally completed the American Ninja Warriors final course. As a former Crossfitter and current rock climber, I can’t even begin to describe how hard some of those obstacles are!
… cash rules everything around me …
- This is what happens when fandom is monetized — Ron Weasley breaks dads’ hearts.
- Display advertising is dying, which is pretty great for the overall internet experience. But what does it mean for publications and blogs (like mine) who rely on that income? It’s complicated.
And of course, all the food related links I couldn’t find any lyrics to match with:
- So I really want to check out Mark Wahlburg’s burger joint. Who’s with me?
- Yes, it’s true. Sometimes my cat looks like a roasted turkey.
- Also true: paleolithic people were making flour 32,000 years ago. Take that, paleo. Take that.
- Grapes that taste like cotton candy. Where, oh, WHERE can I find these???
- Are expensive chocolate chips worth the price? Yes and no, yes and no.
Have a good weekend, folks! Don't forget to comment with any links, GIFs, or recipes that I might have missed.