For more pictures of what I eat that's not on this blog, follow me on Instagram!
This Week's Menu
(yeah — living the raw deal, three course meal!)
Watermelon Tomato Mentsuyu Salad
by Chef Betty of le jus d'orange
Easy Fried Chicken
by Chef Irvin of Eat the Love
by Chef Eva of Adventures in Cooking
by Chef Cynthia of Two Red Bowls
- Vogue’s Instagram rules walk the line perfectly between cattyness and truth. Sigh.
- But speaking of Instagram, I’m doing a pretty sweet giveaway of this awesome knife from Wusthof. Check it out!
… work it hard like it’s your profession …
- This eye-opening article on why so many people dislike their job. Let’s bring meaning back to our work.
… this is how we do it …
- Keep the sparkle in your sparkling wine. What!
... surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it …
… i put a spell on you …
- My cooking style makes me a Gryffindor, what’s up!
… our house is a very, very, very fine house …
- I've heard so much about this book, but can't bring myself to actually buy and try it. Thank goodness for Food52.
… we could be heroes, forever and ever …
- A real American hero saves his family and his rack of barbecue ribs from a fire.
And of course, all the food related links I couldn’t find any lyrics to go along with:
- The drought is killing one of Oregon’s best gems — wild mushrooms. Heartbreak.
- A food critic gets duped by a fake Yelp review for a nonexistent restaurant. The pull? “breathless exclamations about long lines and the gritty, off-the-beaten-path nature of a dining experience that you won't find in any normal restaurant.” Side-eye.
- Cultural appropriation extends beyond Miley Cyrus and ratchet culture; it happens in the culinary world too.
- Is buying organic really worth it?
Have a good weekend, folks! Don't forget to comment with any links, GIFs, or recipes that I might have missed.