This Week's ALL FIGS ALL THE TIME Menu
(yeah — living the raw deal, three course meal!)
Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs and an Easy Summer Cheese Plate
by Chef Jessica of How Sweet It Is
Fig Pizza with Goat Cheese, Pistachios, and Honey
by Chef Sara of Cake Over Steak
Bourbon Fig Butter and Smoked Sugar Ice Cream
by Chef Alanna of The Bojon Gourmet
- Wait, what? “LOL” is apparently going extinct. But… I use it all the time?! Am I old now?!!
- This is old, but gold — The Washington Post lists Portland as a contender as one of the best food cities in America, detailing some of my favorite people, places, and restaurants. Lots of love.
- But I guess all that good food and hype also means that rent is rising way too fast in Portland. Oh no.
- Of course, not to be outshined by Portland, Bon Appetit declares San Francisco as the best food city in the country.
- But good luck moving here, because the real estate market is even worse than in New York City.
- These Food52 and Bon Appetit articles on how to stock your first kitchen are both great; the secret is build a good foundation first, then level up.
- Make your own chili oil! Yes and yes.
- Here’s how to get the largest Chipotle burrito EVAR.
- "You tried to read “Eat, Pray, Love,” but never got past the “Eat” section." So, so, SO busted.
- Bon Appetit recently released their nominees for the 50 best new restaurants in America. I can personally vouch for Al’s Place, Kachka, and Milk Glass Mrkt.
- Is culinary school worth it? All signs point to… no.
- This etsy store of felt desserts is all sorts of adorable and darling.
- 27 food stories that nobody needs to write ever again, because food writing is becoming the most boring thing ever. Seriously.
- Are these really the best places to start a restaurant?! Really?
Have a good weekend, folks! Don't forget to comment with any links, gifs, or recipes I might have missed!