This Week's Menu
(yeah, living the raw deal — three course meal!)
Somen Salad with Pork Belly Char Siu
by Chef Alana of Fix Feast Flair
Summery Peach Braised Chicken Thighs with Oyster Mushroom and Thai Basil
by Chef Betty of le jus d'orange
to continue the theme of dinosaur cakes
Dinosaur Dig Triple Chocolate Sheet Cake
by Chef Heather of SprinkleBakes
- The best food writing I've read in a while, featuring Jaques Pepin, a broken heart, and the simple truth that a good meal can bring you back to life.
- Although it's a little abrasive, this is ultimately a pretty good article on knowing your priorities and what to let go of in life.
- Heidi takes us behind-the-scenes to the factory where her new cookbook is printed, bound, and finished by hand.
- Can you tell which one's a fake versus real cookbook? Because this quiz had me pretty stumped!
... if you are who you say you are — a super star ...
- Ariana Grande licked a bunch of donuts and put them back in their case for unsuspecting folks to buy. What even is that.
... you make say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one ...
- Looking for inspiration? NPR rounded up the best commencement speeches between now and all the way back to 1774. Amazing.
... who run da world?! GIRLS! ...
- Did you watch the Women's World Cup last weekend? Didn't they rock?!? Now — let's pay them what they're worth.
And finally, some neat food-related links that I couldn't find lyric captions for:
- You know those cool plastic models of food you often see outside Japanese restaurants? Here's how they're made.
- A brief history of
- OHMIGOSH, these fruit carvings are all sorts of gorgeous and out of control!
- Don't put peas in your guacamole, guys. Just don't.
Have a good weekend, folks! Don't forget to comment with any links, gifs, or recipes I might have missed!